16 July 2006 at 23:02 posted by Bart Van Belle 2 Comments

Apparently dEUS dedicated a song to Jeff Buckley during the gig in Lyon last thursday because they played the same festival with him in 1995. That gig is not listed on Hotellounge.com, so I did some research: date was July 4th.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    That was a great concert, and it was a nice moment when they dedicated the song to Jeff.
    Unfortunately, I can't remember which song it was.
    That was the first time I saw dEUS and it was a very great gig, with a pleasant group.

  2. Anonymous says:

    I wasn't there in 2006, but I was in 1995. At that time I came to see Jeff and dEUS were playing just before (and Marianne Faithfull after JB), that's how I discovered them. Next day I bought WCS and I'm still a big big fan.
    At the beginning of their set, Jeff came in the crowd to see them : he seemed to really enjoy but he quickly got joined by fans who asked for autographs and he finally had to go back. When Jeff's turn came, I remember Stef Kamil came and sat for the whole show, just two steps from me, and he seemed quite amazed. I guess he really was since he dedicated a song to him on his first album with Zita and he still performs it nowadays.
    It's quite a good feeling to know that this wonderful night staid in everyone's heart and mind, even 11 years later...Really nice from them ; they're such kind guys ;-)